What is this amazing secret? Have you tried all kinds of tutorials? Have you spend lots of money attending seminars and buying books and tapes? In this article I will reveal this amazing secret on how to get your needs supplied right here and right now and absolutely free.
The "Secret" by Rhonda Byrne sold millions of copies and also made her many millions of dollars. One of the great things about living the Christian life is this: THERE IS NO SECRET!
God has revealed everything there is to know in His Book. So what is he number one secret on how to get what you need?
Here it is: “ASK!”
You are probably thinking: “Reinhard, are you out of your mind? It can’t be that easy!” First of all, I am not out of my mind, and secondly, yes, it is that easy!
Let’s look at some Bible verses.
Matthew 21:22 (Amplified Bible) “And whatever you ask for in prayer, having faith and [really] believing, you will receive.”
Luke 11:9 (The Message) “Here's what I'm saying: Ask and you'll get; Seek and you'll find; Knock and the door will open.”
Have you ever come across people that went out of their way in order to do things for others? But the same people would never ever ask someone else for help?
Here are five simple reasons why it is important that we ask for what we want and need:
1. Asking shows us that we have security, faith and total trust in God. Having security shows that we know, we are a beloved child of the most high God. It tells us that we know that God will not turn us down. And by faith we trust the Lord that every word He said is true and will come to pass. We are convinced that if we just and simply ask, He will supply our needs.
2. Asking is the first and simple step to let God know what your needs are. But here is one very important point: Make sure that your time of need is not the only time you talk to God. Make a habit out of to talking to the Lord on a regular basis. Talk to him about the good things in your life. Thank him for all the good things that are happening in your life. If you do that, you will find it much easier to talk to him about your needs.
3. Asking gives God the pleasure of supplying your needs. The Bible tells us, that it gives God great pleasure to bless His children and to withhold no good things from them.
4. Asking means doing it God’s way and not your way. It means that you give up some of your independence by coming to God, your heavenly father, like a little child saying: “Daddy, can I.....?”
5. Asking gives you peace of mind. Philippians 4:6-7 (Amplified Bible) “Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace [shall be yours, that [tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”
Not only does God need your needs to supply your needs. He also needs you to tell him about your situation. Ask and you will get! I want to encourage you, next time you are in a bind, talk to God about it. Talk to him with faith, trust and expectation. The Lord will supply all your needs according to His riches in Glory.
My prayer for you is that the Lord will help you to become more like a child - God's child. Just go to your heavenly father and say: Dad, I need.....
Pastor Reinhard enjoys practicing his gift of encouragement. His passion is to lift people out of a spirit of fear, guild and low self-esteem and to help them to enter into a life of joy and fulfillment through the riches of God’s blessings. Sign up for his “My Spiritual Support Newsletter”
and get his free audio teaching on how to defuse your anger entitled: “The Jonah Virus” here.